From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 monster rebuild forced? Can I defer it?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 15:24:52
1 On Sunday 02 July 2006 16:25, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > So: is there something simple I can do to make portage ignore this update
3 > but allow unrelated ones to go through?  Then I'll probably do the upgrade
4 > when I'm done teaching summer school.
5
6 Actually noone forces you to run `emerge -vuDa world` on a daily basis. It you
7 run it with pretend and see something you wish to upgrade then just emerge
8 that with --oneshot. But I think this would prevent it from showing up at
9 all:
10
11 # echo >=xorg-base/xorg-x11-6.9 >> /etc/portage/package.mask
14 Bo Andresen