From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 monster rebuild forced? Can I defer it?
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 01:56:57
1 On 7/2/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 July 2006 16:25, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > So: is there something simple I can do to make portage ignore this update
4 > > but allow unrelated ones to go through? Then I'll probably do the upgrade
5 > > when I'm done teaching summer school.
6 >
7 > Actually noone forces you to run `emerge -vuDa world` on a daily basis. It you
8 > run it with pretend and see something you wish to upgrade then just emerge
9 > that with --oneshot. But I think this would prevent it from showing up at
10 > all:
11 >
12 > # echo >=xorg-base/xorg-x11-6.9 >> /etc/portage/package.mask
13 >
14 > --
15 > Bo Andresen
16
17 Thanks, that eased my pain (but it's actually x11-base not xorg-base).
18
19 ++ kevin
22 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list