From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for PCI-X external SATA controller
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 05:12:54
1 Neil Walker wrote:
2 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 >> I can find a lot of cards that are almost what I want. But I have an
4 >> external drive, and a PCI-X motherboard. Not internal, and not
5 >> PCI-E. Anybody know of such a beast
6 >
7 > A quick Google led to this:
8 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816124003
9 >
10 > Be lucky,
11 >
12 > Neil
16 Dale makes a note of this. Questions: If I buy this card and a SATA
17 hard drive, will I notice faster transfer speed on the drive or will the
18 PCI bus limit it somehow? I currently get 40 to 50 MBs/sec on my IDE
19 drives. Would this setup be any faster?
20
21 Thanks
22
23 Dale