From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:45:26
1 On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:10:35 -0700
3 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> 4) I don't use a separate /usr so I don't need any of this. I suspect
6 >> most casual Gentoo users like me are pretty much the same.
7 >
8 > This news item in no way applies to you and you are completely
9 > unaffected. You can safely update openrc and udev.
12 Yeah, that was my reading of it, and I appreciate your response.
13
14 In this case, and I don't know why, I have this feeling that this
15 thing is gonna turn out badly and I'd be better being prepared on the
16 initramfs side of things. I did have to use one to bring up my server
17 with / on a RAID6, not because I needed it long term but in the short
18 term I couldn't determine how mdadm was numbering the RAID so that I
19 could get grub.conf correct. I'm somehow a bot worried something is
20 going to slip by the devs and I'd be better off having an initramfs
21 already running on the box when I do allow the upgrades.
22
23 Planning on giving Dracut a try.
24
25 Thanks,