From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] conf.d/net routes
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 21:03:27
1 On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > What is the exact syntax of the *_routes lines in the /etc/conf.d/net
4 > file, or where is it documented?
5 >
6 > The wiki gives a couple of examples, but they are all either just for
7 > dhcp (so no configurable routes) or else they are of the form
8 >
9 > eth0_routes="default via eth0"
10 >
11 > "via" is not something I can use on the command line of the route
12 > command, at least according to its manpage. So it can't be just
13 > straight repetition of the command line. But then, what is it?
14 >
15 > Motivation: I want to add a route for a point-to-point interface.
16
17 For documentation, see "/usr/share/doc/netifrc-<version>/"
18
19 For "via", "man ip-route".