From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED - [gentoo-user] OT: dhcpcd overwrites /etc/resolv.conf after CiscoVPN is started
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:13:02
1 On Friday 18 May 2007 00:12, Sascha Hlusiak wrote:
2 > > > Dhcpcd has an option for that, i believe it's -R. for example, on this
3 > > > diskless router the dhcpcd on eth1 can't rewrite resolv.conf or the
4 > > >
5 > > > netboot will fail:
6 > > > >>>FROM conf.d/net:
7 > > > |
8 > > > | config_eth1=("dhcp")
9 > > > | dhcpcd_eth1=("-R")
10 > > >
11 > > > However, you may need to find some way to get that information filled
12 > > > out with your corporate intranet info before you use the vpn.
13 > >
14 > > Thanks for the suggestion, I allready know about -R but I need dhcpcd to
15 > > set resolv.conf before the vpnclient starts to get the correct
16 > > information for the network I'm on (not always using VPN).
17 >
18 > emerge resolvconf-gentoo
19 >
20 > This should manage the resolv.conf dynamically and merge information about
21 > different nameservers for different networks. Works fine for me with the
22 > very same situation.
23 Sorry for the late Answer - I was over in the States last week.
24
25 Thanks for the tipp, It's working now.
26
27 Greatings,
28 --
29 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
31 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!