From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: dhcpcd overwrites /etc/resolv.conf after CiscoVPN is started
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:18:32
1 > > Dhcpcd has an option for that, i believe it's -R. for example, on this
2 > > diskless router the dhcpcd on eth1 can't rewrite resolv.conf or the
3 > >
4 > > netboot will fail:
5 > > >>>FROM conf.d/net:
6 > > |
7 > > | config_eth1=("dhcp")
8 > > | dhcpcd_eth1=("-R")
9 > >
10 > > However, you may need to find some way to get that information filled
11 > > out with your corporate intranet info before you use the vpn.
12 >
13 > Thanks for the suggestion, I allready know about -R but I need dhcpcd to
14 > set resolv.conf before the vpnclient starts to get the correct information
15 > for the network I'm on (not always using VPN).
16 emerge resolvconf-gentoo
17
18 This should manage the resolv.conf dynamically and merge information about
19 different nameservers for different networks. Works fine for me with the very
20 same situation.
21
22 - Sascha