From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: dhcpcd overwrites /etc/resolv.conf after CiscoVPN is started
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:11:41
1 On Thursday 17 May 2007 16:37, Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 May 2007 16:08:00 +0200
3 >
4 > Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
5 > > I'm having some trouble with dhcpcd and CiscoVPN. This is what I do
6 > > and what's happening.
7 > >
8 > > Computer starts and brings up eth1 (Wireless interface)
9 > > dhcpcd starts and gets IP, GW, resolv.conf information (wich is
10 > > correct at this time)
11 > > cisco-vpnclient-starts and I get a new interface cipsec0 with "VPN"-IP
12 > > the vpn-client also changes the default-gw and resolv.conf
13 > > I can now do dnslookups for the hosts in the company network
14 > > (resolv.conf is the on from the company).
15 > > After a few minutes resolv.conf gets overwritten with the dhcpcd
16 > > version, and I can no longer do any lookups for hosts in the company
17 > > network, I can still connect to the hosts using IP.
18 > > Any suggestions on how to make dhcpcd not to override the resolv.conf
19 > > from the cisco-vpn-client?
20 >
21 > Dhcpcd has an option for that, i believe it's -R. for example, on this
22 > diskless router the dhcpcd on eth1 can't rewrite resolv.conf or the
23 >
24 > netboot will fail:
25 > >>>FROM conf.d/net:
26 > |
27 > | config_eth1=("dhcp")
28 > | dhcpcd_eth1=("-R")
29 >
30 > However, you may need to find some way to get that information filled
31 > out with your corporate intranet info before you use the vpn.
32 Thanks for the suggestion, I allready know about -R but I need dhcpcd to set
33 resolv.conf before the vpnclient starts to get the correct information for
34 the network I'm on (not always using VPN).
37 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
39 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!