From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: dhcpcd overwrites /etc/resolv.conf after CiscoVPN is started
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:43:44
1 On Thu, 17 May 2007 16:08:00 +0200
2 Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
3
4 > I'm having some trouble with dhcpcd and CiscoVPN. This is what I do
5 > and what's happening.
6 >
7 > Computer starts and brings up eth1 (Wireless interface)
8 > dhcpcd starts and gets IP, GW, resolv.conf information (wich is
9 > correct at this time)
10 > cisco-vpnclient-starts and I get a new interface cipsec0 with "VPN"-IP
11 > the vpn-client also changes the default-gw and resolv.conf
12 > I can now do dnslookups for the hosts in the company network
13 > (resolv.conf is the on from the company).
14 > After a few minutes resolv.conf gets overwritten with the dhcpcd
15 > version, and I can no longer do any lookups for hosts in the company
16 > network, I can still connect to the hosts using IP.
17 > Any suggestions on how to make dhcpcd not to override the resolv.conf
18 > from the cisco-vpn-client?
19 >
20 > Regards,
21
22 Dhcpcd has an option for that, i believe it's -R. for example, on this
23 diskless router the dhcpcd on eth1 can't rewrite resolv.conf or the
24 netboot will fail:
25 >>>FROM conf.d/net:
26 | config_eth1=("dhcp")
27 | dhcpcd_eth1=("-R")
30 However, you may need to find some way to get that information filled
31 out with your corporate intranet info before you use the vpn.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list