From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel update messed up console encoding
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:29:22
1 Florian v. Savigny wrote:
2 > [...]
3 > I think I'll continue on a kernel list to figure out what kernel
4 > 2.6.27 does differently from 2.6.17, and why (and whether that
5 > behaviour cannot be changed with a compile-time option). I think that
6 > part is really not a gentoo-specific question. But I'll report here
7 > when I get the result!
8
9 On my /etc/rc.conf, there's this:
10
11 # Set unicode to YES to turn on unicode support for keyboards
12 # and screens.
13 unicode="YES"
14
15 So I suppose maybe simpley changing this to "NO" will do the job. I'm
16 on OpenRC now though so maybe it looks different on older baselayout.
17
18 Try "grep -ri unicode /etc" and see what you find.