From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting samsung galaxy S III (android ics)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:37:56
1 > I did some googling and there are a number of comments but no clear
2 > recommendations. Has anyone here performed file transfer
3 > gentoo <--> samsung S3.
6 You have two choices:
7 a) if you just need to transfer video/pictures, there is a
8 compatibility mode you can toggle inside android settings to enable
9 ptp mode that apps like digikam understand.
10 b) if you really want to mount the android fs in gentoo, and transfer
11 all types of files, than you'll need to use a tool like mtpfs (eix
12 mtpfs for more info).
13
14 I tried the mtpfs approach first, but found that was not that reliable
15 and switched to the digikam method which has met all my needs.
16
17 Matt