From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting samsung galaxy S III (android ics)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 23:55:09
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Matthew Marlowe
2 <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I did some googling and there are a number of comments but no clear
4 >> recommendations. Has anyone here performed file transfer
5 >> gentoo <--> samsung S3.
8 > You have two choices:
9 > a) if you just need to transfer video/pictures, there is a
10 > compatibility mode you can toggle inside android settings to enable
11 > ptp mode that apps like digikam understand.
12 > b) if you really want to mount the android fs in gentoo, and transfer
13 > all types of files, than you'll need to use a tool like mtpfs (eix
14 > mtpfs for more info).
15 >
16 > I tried the mtpfs approach first, but found that was not that reliable
17 > and switched to the digikam method which has met all my needs.
20 I have found go-mtpfs to work much better with my Galaxy Nexus.
21
22 https://github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs/
23
24 There is no ebuild for it, mostly because I haven't figured out how to
25 package go programs.