From: Tom Smith <tom71713-gentoo52478932@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED [gentoo-user] Win4Lin NumLock issue
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:34:12
1 The problem occurs when running Win4Lin *within* a VNC session. The same
2 goes for QEMU.
3
4 I don't fully understand the difference between loading X at the console
5 versus loading it at a virtual console, but I think that some keyboard
6 mappings (among other things) are treated differently in the virtual
7 console. When I first started playing around with WTS, over a year ago,
8 I was using XDMCP on the server and Cygwin/X on the client--I had the
9 exact same problem... The number keypad didn't work.
10
11 So it's probably just that X doesn't load everything at the virtual
12 console that is does at the real console.
13
14 Ron Bickers wrote:
15