From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] KDE wallet manager
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 02:05:15
1 On Monday 03 December 2012 13:59:49 Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > There is a KDE-Users list where this stuff gets addressed. However I
4 > asked the same questions the other day so I'll respond here in hopes
5 > what I'm doing helps you.
6
7 Ah. I hadn't thought of that. I'll look into it; thanks.
8
9 > > I'm trying to run the KDE wallet manager but I get this in
10 > > .xsession-errors:
11 > >
12 > > kwalletmanager(3054)/kdeui (Wallet): The kwalletd service has been
13 > > disabled
14
15 > From System Settings
16 >
17 > SystemSettings -> Account Details -> KDE Wallet
18
19 How did they come up with that home for it? Maybe I'm just being dense
20 again.
21
22 > make sure it's enabled, then uncheck everything else except 'Show
23 > manager in system tray' and hit apply.
24 >
25 > For me, after starting an app that uses it, like Chrome, this gives me
26 > a wallet in the system tray that I can then click on to get into the
27 > wallet app for management of my stuff.
28 >
29 > Hope this helps,
30
31 Certainly does - thank you Mark. I now have the service running with a
32 wallet I can use (I hope). I'll try it again in the morning after a
33 fresh start.
36 Rgds
37 Peter