From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] KDE wallet manager
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 22:01:16
1 On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Sorry for going off-topic, but I can't see the answer on the KDE site and
5 > google hasn't helped.
8 There is a KDE-Users list where this stuff gets addressed. However I
9 asked the same questions the other day so I'll respond here in hopes
10 what I'm doing helps you.
14 > I'm trying to run the KDE wallet manager but I get this in .xsession-
15 > errors:
16 >
17 > kwalletmanager(3054)/kdeui (Wallet): The kwalletd service has been
18 > disabled
19 >
20 > On the other hand:
21 >
22 > $ ps ax | grep wallet
23 > 3054 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/kwalletmanager
24 >
25 > And, from a konsole:
26 >
27 > $ kwalletmanager
28 > QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
29 > QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
32 This is a known issue for I don't know how long. Frustrating.
35 > Dbus is running and its USE flag is in the portage environment. No
36 > startup errors were reported.
37 >
38 > After quite a bit of poking around I still can't see how to get the
39 > wallet service going. Can anyone help, please? I upgraded to kde-4.9.3
40 > the other day when it hit the mirrors as stable. I haven't used the
41 > wallet service before but I think maybe I should.
42 >
43 > --
44 > Rgds
45 > Peter
46
47 From System Settings
48
49 SystemSettings -> Account Details -> KDE Wallet
50
51 make sure it's enabled, then uncheck everything else except 'Show
52 manager in system tray' and hit apply.
53
54 For me, after starting an app that uses it, like Chrome, this gives me
55 a wallet in the system tray that I can then click on to get into the
56 wallet app for management of my stuff.
57
58 Hope this helps,
59 Mark