From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How does cisco vpnclient find its .pcf file?
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:35:30
1 Thanks, this is info I have not been able to find elsewhere. I will
2 look at vpnc.
3
4 The configs are supplied by work, but being a weekend, its hard to ask
5 for directions.
6
7 BillK
10 On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 14:15 +0200, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
11 > Hi,
12 >
13 > On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:26:57 +0800
14 > "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
15 >
16 > > I have just installed the cisco vpn client and cant figure how it
17 > > accesses the .pcf configs under gentoo. Can someone in the know tell me
18 > > how to specify a .pcf when issuing a /etc/init.d/vpnclient start ?
19 >
20 > There wouldn't be a point doing so. This just loads the kernel module,
21 > it doesn't setablish a connection at that point.
22 >
23 > > Where I work has given me a couple of different configs depending where
24 > > I access from, but the install cant seem to find them if I put them
25 > > in /etc/CiscoSystemsVPNClient/Profiles (and how would it choose one from
26 > > multiple profiles?).
27 >
28 > You have to connect using vpnclient itself. You can specify the profile
29 > then. It's "vpnclient connect profilename" if I remember correctly (for
30 > profilename.pcf). The kernel module just cares for packet injection in
31 > Linux's ip stack and brings a IPsec stack.
32 >
33 > Note that there's a more elegant solution with "vpnc" (also in
34 > portage), if it fits for you (still hasn't some functions of Cisco's
35 > client, but it's free and you don't have to use a binary proprietary
36 > kernel module).
37 >
38 > -hwh
39 --