From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How does cisco vpnclient find its .pcf file?
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:21:34
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:26:57 +0800
4 "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
5
6 > I have just installed the cisco vpn client and cant figure how it
7 > accesses the .pcf configs under gentoo. Can someone in the know tell me
8 > how to specify a .pcf when issuing a /etc/init.d/vpnclient start ?
9
10 There wouldn't be a point doing so. This just loads the kernel module,
11 it doesn't setablish a connection at that point.
12
13 > Where I work has given me a couple of different configs depending where
14 > I access from, but the install cant seem to find them if I put them
15 > in /etc/CiscoSystemsVPNClient/Profiles (and how would it choose one from
16 > multiple profiles?).
17
18 You have to connect using vpnclient itself. You can specify the profile
19 then. It's "vpnclient connect profilename" if I remember correctly (for
20 profilename.pcf). The kernel module just cares for packet injection in
21 Linux's ip stack and brings a IPsec stack.
22
23 Note that there's a more elegant solution with "vpnc" (also in
24 portage), if it fits for you (still hasn't some functions of Cisco's
25 client, but it's free and you don't have to use a binary proprietary
26 kernel module).
27
28 -hwh
29 --