From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need advice on changing terminal color scheme
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:25:11
1 On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 10:03 -0700, Alan wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 09:44:47AM -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > I use my gnome-terminal a lot, and I have the background set to #000000
4 > > with the foreground set to #FFFFFF . This works pretty well for me,
5 > > except that the comments in config files and such show up in a dark blue
6 > > that's very difficult to read against the black background. I'd like to
7 > > change it to a lighter color on the dark background, but I don't even
8 > > know what file that particular config line "comment color=" would be in,
9 > > but I use vim as my text editor. Maybe in a ~/.vim* file, but which
10 > > one?
11 >
12 > If you're talking about the syntax highlighting in vim, you'll probably
13 > want to do:
14 >
15 > set bg=dark
16 >
17 > Which will set the sytax coloring to *much* nicer colors for working on
18 > black.
19 >
20 > If you're talking the terminal colors for 'ls' and it's color, I'm not
21 > sure.
22 >
23 > HTH.
24 >
25 Where do I set bg=dark? In the terminal or in a file, and if so, which
26 file?