From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SPF & sendmail: howto?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:04:01
1 On Thursday 22 July 2010 14:37:04 Mr. Jarry wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Alan McKinnon
3 <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>wrote:
4 > > I assume you have a perfectly legitimate reason for still using sendmail
5 >
6 > in
7 >
8 > > this day and age?
9 >
10 > For ~10 years I've been a satisfied sendmail-user. Does it count for a
11 > legitimate reason?
12
13 Yes it does.
14
15 Most extant sendmail users in my experience have it because "it came with the
16 CD". Or they have a pointy haired boss who doesn't actually USE it, but
17 insists that the staff do.
18
19 Such folk are much better off with an alternate. I just needed to know which
20 camp you were in.
21
22 [snip]
23
24 > Finally someone who does not suggest me to switch to other MTA!
25 > btw, It is strange, there is a milter for SenderID (which iirc is in some
26 > way
27 > close to Microsoft) in portage tree, but nothing for openSPF. I will try to
28 > make an ebuild. Maybe there are still more "real unix admins" using
29 > old'n'good sendmail. But no flame over "which MTA is better", please.
30 > (anyway, we all know Sendmail is the best! :-)
31
32 Now you have your answer
35 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com