From: "Mr. Jarry" <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SPF & sendmail: howto?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:12:54
1 On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>wrote:
2 > I assume you have a perfectly legitimate reason for still using sendmail
3 in
4 > this day and age?
5
6 For ~10 years I've been a satisfied sendmail-user. Does it count for a
7 legitimate reason?
10 On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Jason Carson <jason@×××××××××××.ca> wrote:
11 > To enable SPF on outgoing mail all you have to do is create a SPF record
12 > and put it in your /var/bind/domain.tld.hosts file, assuming your using
13 > Bind.
14
15 I have it. But that is for other MTA's receiving mails from my one.
16 I want to use SPF for incomming mails too...
17
18 > I use Postfix and recommend you switch. If you want to filter incoming
19 > mail with SPF then you have to configure some stuff in the
20 > /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf files. Google it for the
21 > way to do it.
22
23 Thanks, but I'd prefer to stick with sendmail till the end of its days.
24 Or at least till the first usable sendmailX/MeTA1, whatever comes first...