From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Bittorent black box
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:07:01
1 2009/11/24 <roundyz@×××××××.ru>:
4 > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:02 PM, laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I would like to use my server as bittorent client and maybe tracker later.
8 >> I would like to have a web interface but I could also develop it myself
9 >> later.
10 >>
11 >> I saw, qbittorent and hrktorrent that looks good. I don't know any
12 >> features
13 >> of the last one.
14 >> What would you recommend to use?
15 >
16 > I use Vuze (formerly Azureus) with VNC, and I control it with its web
17 > interface when I'm not inside my LAN:
18 >
19 > http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_details.php?plugin=webui
20 >
21 > It's a little bloated, but it runs perfectly in my Atom powered
22 > server, and it certainly has all the features a Torrent client can
23 > have.
24 >
25 > Regards.
26 > --
27 > Canek Pelez Valds
28 > Instituto de Matemticas
29 > Universidad Nacional Autnoma de Mxico
33 > You don't wanna be using that, try rtorrent. It's the nutts.
34
35 Actually, I DO wanna use Vuze, but thanks. I used rtorrent years ago;
36 maybe I will give it a try again. However, I don't see in their
37 homepage that it supports automatic download of torrents through an
38 RSS feed with regexp filters, like Vuze actually does.
39
40 For me, that's the killer feature of Vuze.
41
42 Regards.
43 --
44 Canek Peláez Valdés