From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Bittorent black box
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:09:24
1 On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2009/11/24  <roundyz@×××××××.ru>:
5 >> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:02 PM, laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 >>> Hi,
7 >>>
8 >>> I would like to use my server as bittorent client and maybe tracker later.
9 >>> I would like to have a web interface but I could also develop it myself
10 >>> later.
11 >>>
12 >>> I saw, qbittorent and hrktorrent that looks good. I don't know any
13 >>> features
14 >>> of the last one.
15 >>> What would you recommend to use?
16 >>
17 >> I use Vuze (formerly Azureus) with VNC, and I control it with its web
18 >> interface when I'm not inside my LAN:
19 >>
20 >> http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_details.php?plugin=webui
21 >>
22 >> It's a little bloated, but it runs perfectly in my Atom powered
23 >> server, and it certainly has all the features a Torrent client can
24 >> have.
25 >>
26 >> Regards.
27 >> --
28 >> Canek Pelez Valds
29 >> Instituto de Matemticas
30 >> Universidad Nacional Autnoma de Mxico
34 >> You don't wanna be using that, try rtorrent. It's the nutts.
35 >
36 > Actually, I DO wanna use Vuze, but thanks. I used rtorrent years ago;
37 > maybe I will give it a try again. However, I don't see in their
38 > homepage that it supports automatic download of torrents through an
39 > RSS feed with regexp filters, like Vuze actually does.
40 >
41 > For me, that's the killer feature of Vuze.
42 >
43 > Regards.
44 > --
45 > Canek Peláez Valdés
46 > Instituto de Matemáticas
47 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
50 I stand corrected: the RSS utilities where hidden in the 3rd party
51 utilities link from the libtorrent (not rtorrent) page.
52
53 http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/UtilsList
54
55 It looks interesting; maybe I will try it again.
56
57 Regards.
58 --
59 Canek Peláez Valdés