From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shared libraries in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:51:14
1 > My beef with portage in my specific production setup is the amount of work it
2 > takes my guys to keep everything up to date. We don't have 150 identical
3 > servers in a farm (I'd love that and would switch to Gentoo immediately if it
4 > were). I have 130 completely different configs and uses for those servers.
7 How about migrating them one-by-one to CentOs first and in a second
8 step to Gentoo?
9
10 Sure every servers migration is work. But there will be routine once
11 you have migrated 10.
12
13 Having a uniform serverfarm should pay the efforts after a reasonable time.
14
15 Al