From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] macbook pro boot from usb
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:23:02
1 On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Valmor de Almeida
2 <val.gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:27 AM, Stroller
4 > <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > [snip]
6 >>
7 >> You're fundamentally right, although I would go for "install linux Mac" myself. The results may refer to installing other distros, such as Ubuntu, but it's surely just a matter of adapting the instructions to get partitions and a systemrescueCD root prompt.
8
9 Just for the record. I tried an old Gentoo Minimal CD I had sitting
10 around (2009) and was able to boot the Mac from the CD. It seems this
11 particular Mac (OS maybe) is preventing any boot from the USB port.
12
13 I will burn a systemrescueCD and try that.
16 Valmor
19 [snip]