From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] macbook pro boot from usb
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:07:41
1 On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:27 AM, Stroller
2 <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 [snip]
4 >
5 > You're fundamentally right, although I would go for "install linux Mac" myself. The results may refer to installing other distros, such as Ubuntu, but it's surely just a matter of adapting the instructions to get partitions and a systemrescueCD root prompt.
6
7 I have the most recent version of systemrescueCD on a usb stick and it
8 is not recognized at boot time (holding option key down). Will try to
9 get a Ubuntu CD. It seems to work on my particular macbook pro (6,2)
10
11 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro
12
13 Thanks for the inputs.
16 Valmor
19 > I think there are alternative methods, besides Boot Camp, to get multi-boot. Boot Camp sets up a second partition, but I don't believe it can do a third. I believe it's possible to get triple-boot (for example) on a Mac, but you're obliged not to use Boot Camp in this case.
20 >
21 > Stroller.