From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:28:05
1 On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:50:28 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > How do I find out if I am actually *using* an initramfs right now (I
4 > know it is built into the kernel), and
5
6 If CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE is not set in your kernel config and you do
7 not have an initrd line in GRUB, you are not using an initramfs.
8
9 > If I am not, how do I do this without using genkernel? Is dracut t he
10 > only other option? Is it easy/trivial to set one up manually?
11
12 There was a post on the dev list explaining how to set up a minimal
13 initramfs, I'll see if I can dig it out if no one beats me to it.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Know thyself. If you need help, call the C.I.A.