From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 09:19:31
1 On 01/08/2014 21:35, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 01/08/2014 20:17, James wrote:
5 >>> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >>>> New job, new environment. Existing persons suffer from
9 >>>> 5-year-old-with-a-hammer syndrome and assume cron is the solution to all
10 >>>> ills. Result: a towering edifice of cron jobs that may or may not
11 >>>> clobber each other's work, may or may not work at all, and implement no
12 >>>> error handling at all. But my god, can they spew out mail from STOUT
13 >>>
14 >>> Sounds like a department full of computer scientist I inherited a few
15 >>> decades ago...........
16 >>
17 >> I've met folks like that....
18 >> Brilliant in their chosen field but completely useless outside it? The
19 >> kind of fellows who see nothing wrong with eating a barbeque'd steak
20 >> with a spoon because they can get a result?
21 >>
22 >>>
23 >>> I know nothing bout chronos, but I find it an interesting read....ymmv.
24 >>>
25 >>>
26 >>> http://nerds.airbnb.com/introducing-chronos/
27 >>> http://airbnb.github.io/chronos/
28 >>> https://github.com/airbnb/chronos
29 >>
30 >> Aaaaaaaah, now this sounds like something I can use. Proper dependency
31 >> chains, Restful JSON interface so the devs can write code to drive it in
32 >> automation.
33 >>
34 >> Good find, thanks!
35 >
36 > Unless I am missing something, chronos is not in the tree at all.
39 Correct, it isn't in the tree. But there's nothing stopping me from
40 getting it in there
43 Alan McKinnon
44 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com