From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can not mount USB stick as user
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:09:37
1 On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 17:32:13 -0700, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > >You don't need to change grub.conf to reboot with different options,
4 > >just press e and edit the options in place.
5
6 > When I try to boot I'm getting an error:
7 >
8 > VFS: Can not open device "hda3" or unknown block (0,0): error -6
9
10 You can change GRUB settings from the GRUB menu, before you try to boot
11 the kernel, press e as in my previous post.
12
13 It seems you are getting into a mess with the systemd switch and trying
14 all sorts of things at random. The old rule of "when you find yourself in
15 a hold, stop digging" applies here.
16
17 Stop making changes in the hope of getting things working, when you could
18 be making them worse to the extent that your system will still be broken
19 when you fix the original problem. Go back to the systemd wiki page and
20 follow it carefully, making sure you both understand and complete each
21 step, otherwise I see things getting worse for you.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.