From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Full disk encryption
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:05:49
1 On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:43:01 +0000, David W Noon wrote:
2
3 > >I understand that, but not why you need to run e2fsck before the
4 > >switch_root. Is this to do with the way your system is set up? The
5 > >object of the initramfs is only to get the system into a state where /
6 > >can be mounted and switch_root run, I assume you are trying to do more
7 > >than that with it.
8 >
9 > The objective is to get /, /usr, /var and any other directory path the
10 > user feels is needed mounted before udev starts. This is a
11 > continuation of the "udev now sucks" thread from a few months ago.
12 >
13 > I need to fsck / before I mount /usr, /var and everything else.
14
15 Now it makes sense, but can't you use busybox fsck?
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 An expert is nothing more than an ordinary person away from home.