From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Full disk encryption
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:14:58
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:43:01 +0000, David W Noon wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I understand that, but not why you need to run e2fsck before the
5 >>> switch_root. Is this to do with the way your system is set up? The
6 >>> object of the initramfs is only to get the system into a state where /
7 >>> can be mounted and switch_root run, I assume you are trying to do more
8 >>> than that with it.
9 >> The objective is to get /, /usr, /var and any other directory path the
10 >> user feels is needed mounted before udev starts. This is a
11 >> continuation of the "udev now sucks" thread from a few months ago.
12 >>
13 >> I need to fsck / before I mount /usr, /var and everything else.
14 > Now it makes sense, but can't you use busybox fsck?
18 I thought the file system was mounted ro, then the file system checks
19 done, then remounted rw and boot continues on? I see mine do this
20 without the init thingy and from what I see as things zoom by, that is
21 what it does. What am I missing here?
22
23 Just curious. No flaming please.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!