From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] subclipse???
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:18:20
1 The eix-remote -q update command should take care of that. Try running it
2 and searching for something that you know isn't in one of the overlays
3 that you use :-)
4
5 On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:58:44 +0100, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
6 wrote:
7
8 > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
9 > wrote:
10 >> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 12:27:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:
11 <snip>
12 >>
13 >> I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without
14 >> installing
15 >> the overlay first
16 >>
17 >> eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays
18 >
19 > Yes, thanks Alan. That is what I was asking. I guess I should have
20 > posted that eix subsclipse showed nothing on my machines:
21 >
22 > dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
23 > No matches found.
24 > dragonfly ~ #
25 >
26 > After adding the trauma overlay with layman now I see it:
27 >
28 > dragonfly ~ # layman -l
29 > * trauma [Subversion]
30 > (http://svn.digital-trauma.de/gentoo/trunk/ )
31 > dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
32 > * dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
33 > Available versions: 1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
34 > Homepage: http://subclipse.tigris.org/
37 > [1] "digital-trauma.de" /usr/local/portage/layman/trauma
38 > dragonfly ~ #
39 >
40 > but how do I determine that it's in trauma in the first place?
41 >
42 > This came up the other day where Grant was asking about rt-sources and
43 > I was able to answer because I use it and knew which overlay to tell
44 > him to add, but then I hit the wall myself and didn't know how to
45 > figure this out short of adding all overlays which seemed silly.
46 >
47 > I had hoped that layman would have a way to search non-installed
48 > overlays but I didn't find that so I asked here.
49 >
50 > And thanks to Neil who at least told me what overlay had a binary
51 > version. Unfortunately it appears it an older version of subclipse
52 > that's not intended for use with eclipse-3.5.
53 >
54 > Thanks,
55 > Mark
56 >