From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] subclipse???
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:59:24
1 On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 30 December 2009 12:27:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:53:20 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >> > What are the commands to find out if subclipse is supported through an
5 >> > overlay?
6 >>
7 >> [root@zaphod ~ 0]% eix subclipse
8 >> * dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
9 >>      Available versions:  1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
10 >>      Homepage:            http://subclipse.tigris.org/
13 >> [1] "digital-trauma.de" layman/trauma
14 >>
15 >> You need to run eix-remote -q update to have layman overlays added to the
16 >> eix database.
19 > I think he wants to know what overlay a given ebuild is in without installing
20 > the overlay first
21 >
22 > eix wwon't show the contents of not-installed overlays
23
24 Yes, thanks Alan. That is what I was asking. I guess I should have
25 posted that eix subsclipse showed nothing on my machines:
26
27 dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
28 No matches found.
29 dragonfly ~ #
30
31 After adding the trauma overlay with layman now I see it:
32
33 dragonfly ~ # layman -l
34 * trauma [Subversion]
35 (http://svn.digital-trauma.de/gentoo/trunk/ )
36 dragonfly ~ # eix subclipse
37 * dev-util/eclipse-subclipse-bin [1]
38 Available versions: 1.1.9!s 1.2.0!s
39 Homepage: http://subclipse.tigris.org/
42 [1] "digital-trauma.de" /usr/local/portage/layman/trauma
43 dragonfly ~ #
44
45 but how do I determine that it's in trauma in the first place?
46
47 This came up the other day where Grant was asking about rt-sources and
48 I was able to answer because I use it and knew which overlay to tell
49 him to add, but then I hit the wall myself and didn't know how to
50 figure this out short of adding all overlays which seemed silly.
51
52 I had hoped that layman would have a way to search non-installed
53 overlays but I didn't find that so I asked here.
54
55 And thanks to Neil who at least told me what overlay had a binary
56 version. Unfortunately it appears it an older version of subclipse
57 that's not intended for use with eclipse-3.5.
58
59 Thanks,
60 Mark