From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating portage cache - slow, slower, slowest ever
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:48:41
1 Mark Knecht ha scritto:
2 > Hi,
3 > It seems that over the last few months that the 'Updating portage
4 > cache' part of an emerge sync has gotten very, very low on my
5 > machines. Has anything changed that should have caused this? Did I
6 > possibly miss some update step somewhere to make this run faster.
7 >
8 > I'd say that this step is now taking at least 10 minutes - maybe 15
9 > minutes. Good reason not to update too often!
10 >
11 > I do think the speed at which emerge gets to this point is a bit
12 > faster, and certainly I'd expect it to slow down a bit as the library
13 > grows ever larger. I see no change at all in emerging a package - only
14 > the sync step.
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance for any info.
17 >