From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS Core2Duo
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:43:37
1 On Tuesday 19 December 2006 13:18, Jakob <jak.gentoo@××××××××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] CFLAGS Core2Duo':
3 > I have a Core2Duo T5600 1,83 MHz in my notebook. Today I read on the
4 > GentooWeeklyNewsletter to use "-march=nocona (and an amd64 profile) for
5 > Core 2 Solo/Duo"
6
7 > 3. They mentiont to use a amd64 profile, does this mean to use 64bit?
8 > because I would like to stay with 32bit.
9
10 Yes. If you want to stick with 32-bit, your settings seem fine, although
11 there may be a better -march setting available to you.
14 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
15 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
16 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
17 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh