From: Jakob <jak.gentoo@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS Core2Duo
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:56:16
1 On 12/19/06, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 19 December 2006 13:18, Jakob <jak.gentoo@××××××××××.com> wrote
3 > about '[gentoo-user] CFLAGS Core2Duo':
4 > > I have a Core2Duo T5600 1,83 MHz in my notebook. Today I read on the
5 > > GentooWeeklyNewsletter to use "-march=nocona (and an amd64 profile) for
6 > > Core 2 Solo/Duo"
7 >
8 > > 3. They mentiont to use a amd64 profile, does this mean to use 64bit?
9 > > because I would like to stay with 32bit.
10 >
11 > Yes. If you want to stick with 32-bit, your settings seem fine, although
12 > there may be a better -march setting available to you.
13 >
14 > --
15 > "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
16 > it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
17 > clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
18 > -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
22 Thaks for the quick reply.
23 On http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags they say for 32bit use:
24 CFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
25 Is this wat you meant for better -march settings?
26 I was confused by the GWN because they didnt say its for 64bit only.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list