From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problem mounting windows share on samba
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 16:36:28
1 On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:48:46 -0400,
2 Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 > On 2021-03-18, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Hi. I have a strange problem mounting a windows share on my gentoo
7 > > box. I have two windows disks that I can share c and d drive. If I
8 > > write
9 > > mount.smb3 //ccs2/c the c drive is mounted. If I say mount.smb3
10 > > //ccs2/d the system does not complain, but I get the c drive
11 > > instead. In both cases it asks for the password and I give it.
12 > >
13 > > Windows version is 20h2 and samba version is 4.13.4.
14 >
15 > This is probably irrelevant, but I thought everybody switched from the
16 > samba client to cifs many years ago. Is there some particular reason
17 > you're using samba instead of the kernel's cifs support?
18 >
19 > --
20 > Grant
25 I was using the samba client, but I also tried the cifs using
26 mount.cifs with the same result.
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici wb2una