From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problem mounting windows share on samba
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 15:49:01
1 On 2021-03-18, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi. I have a strange problem mounting a windows share on my gentoo
4 > box. I have two windows disks that I can share c and d drive. If I
5 > write
6 > mount.smb3 //ccs2/c the c drive is mounted. If I say mount.smb3
7 > //ccs2/d the system does not complain, but I get the c drive
8 > instead. In both cases it asks for the password and I give it.
9 >
10 > Windows version is 20h2 and samba version is 4.13.4.
11
12 This is probably irrelevant, but I thought everybody switched from the
13 samba client to cifs many years ago. Is there some particular reason
14 you're using samba instead of the kernel's cifs support?
17 Grant