From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] migrate from 32 to 64bit...
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:47:45
1 Hi,
2
3 the mainboard on my main workbox needs a replacement (currently still an
4 athlon-xp based system). So I will go amd64 with that machine. Booting
5 a 64bit kernel on all the 32bit binaries works fine. What gives me a bit
6 of a headache is how to switch?
7
8 Thought a: create a directory /64 install everything there and then switch
9 lib, bin /usr
10
11 Thought b: create tbz2 of all the packages and then in one run replace
12 the 32 packages using emerge but i might run into library problems.
13
14 Anybody has a good and efficient idea, how to do this?
15
16 Regards,
17
18 Konstantin
19 --
20 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
21 Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
23 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres