From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switch to VT1 on shutdown fails with mesa >= 9.1
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:44:26
1 On 04/10/2013 14:39, Andreas Prieß wrote:
2 > On 04.10.2013 13:20, Andreas Prieß wrote:
3 >> Since I don't know the cause and didn't find a way to debug this, here
4 >> are the symptoms:
5 >>
6 >> Ever since media-libs/mesa >= 9.1 went stable I had the problem, that
7 >> the switch from Xfce on VT7 back to VT1 on shutdown fails. The screen
8 >> goes black and does not show anything, but the system halts as normal.
9 >> It is not possible to switch to VT1 by keyboard while the shutdown is
10 >> still in progress when this has happened.
11 >>
12 >> I can't find anything in the Xorg or other log files according to this
13 >> problem. Can't find anything related in Gentoo bugzilla or searching the
14 >> web...
15 >>
16 >> The problem always disappeared by downgrading to mesa < 9.1, but that
17 >> now requires other packages to be downgraded too, so I'd like to resolve
18 >> this.
19 >>
20 >> It is an AMD64 system with an ATI Barts PRO [Radeon HD 6850] using KMS,
21 >> desktop session with Xfce started by x11-misc/lightdm.
22 >>
23 >> Any hints on how to debug this problem would be highly appreciated.
24 >
25 > Maybe this is relevant...
26 >
27 > Xorg is running a dual head layout using xinerama instead of randr.
28 > Composite disabled since it does not work with this config.
32 Your kernel config in the other reply looks fine to me.
33
34 This dual head setup - do you have one large desktop across two
35 monitors, or two screens configured in xorg.conf? I can never quite
36 remember what xinerama does (I think it's the first one)
37
38 Can you reproduce the problem using just one configured monitor?
41 Alan McKinnon
42 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com