From: "Andreas Prieß" <ap@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switch to VT1 on shutdown fails with mesa >= 9.1
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:39:30
1 On 04.10.2013 13:20, Andreas Prieß wrote:
2 > Since I don't know the cause and didn't find a way to debug this, here
3 > are the symptoms:
4 >
5 > Ever since media-libs/mesa >= 9.1 went stable I had the problem, that
6 > the switch from Xfce on VT7 back to VT1 on shutdown fails. The screen
7 > goes black and does not show anything, but the system halts as normal.
8 > It is not possible to switch to VT1 by keyboard while the shutdown is
9 > still in progress when this has happened.
10 >
11 > I can't find anything in the Xorg or other log files according to this
12 > problem. Can't find anything related in Gentoo bugzilla or searching the
13 > web...
14 >
15 > The problem always disappeared by downgrading to mesa < 9.1, but that
16 > now requires other packages to be downgraded too, so I'd like to resolve
17 > this.
18 >
19 > It is an AMD64 system with an ATI Barts PRO [Radeon HD 6850] using KMS,
20 > desktop session with Xfce started by x11-misc/lightdm.
21 >
22 > Any hints on how to debug this problem would be highly appreciated.
23
24 Maybe this is relevant...
25
26 Xorg is running a dual head layout using xinerama instead of randr.
27 Composite disabled since it does not work with this config.