From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DPMS doesn't seem to work for me in Xorg 7.1
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 05:51:40
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > I have some more information - this might explain why the laptop doesn't
3 > ever work. The command /usr/bin/xset q tells me:
6 > DPMS (Energy Star):
7 > Server does not have the DPMS Extension
8 >
9 > Anyone know how I can get the DPMS extension?
10
11 Well, I think I may have solved both of my own problems, though time
12 will tell. For the desktop, it turns out that you need a Option "DPMS"
13 "TRUE" line in the section for the video card if you are using the
14 proprietary nvidia driver. For the laptop, it turns out that some of
15 the laptop mode scripts that I had been using must have been upgraded,
16 and these seemed to have chosen to manage DPMS themselves instead of
17 having X do it. So I just changed those settings back. Man, I really
18 need to pay better attention when I'm updating the config files!
21 Randy Barlow
22 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list