From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gracefully shut down program by request through ssh?
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 17:30:28
1 On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:50:34 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> I didn't have as much luck with VirtualBox that didn't seem to like me
5 >> moving copies from one partition to another. I must go back and give
6 >> that another try as I'd like to be using Open Source but for now
7 >> VMWare is very nice.
8 >
9 > VirtualBox isn't fully open source. There is an open source version but
10 > it is crippled compared with the binary release.
13 > --
14 > Neil Bothwick
15 >
16 > Top Oxymorons Number 37: Sanitary landfill
19 Hi Neil,
20 I guess that you're correct that it's been crippled a bit but
21 according to this page it doesn't seem that bad to me:
22
23 http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Editions
24
25 I don't personally need the USB stuff inside of VB so for me it
26 might be enough.
27
28 Anyway, if there's no special reason that I cannot build the OSE
29 version on Gentoo AMD64 stable then I might go ahead and do it just to
30 see what happens.
31
32 Thanks,
33 Mark