From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] vmware workstation daemon problem
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:00:31
1 Hello, the vmware workstation daemon has always seemed a bit touchy,
2 but it's being persistent this time. When I run:
3
4 /opt/vmware/workstation/bin/vmware-config.pl
5
6 the daemon is started properly and I can fully use the application.
7 But when Gentoo tries to start the daemon, 2 of the processes always
8 fail and vmware-config.pl must be run again for it to start properly.
9 Even trying to run 'rc' right after a successful completion of
10 vmware-config.pl fails.
11
12 I don't think this is a problem with the not_configured file because
13 the error I'm getting is 2 processes failing when trying to start
14 /etc/init.d/vmware instead of the "not configured properly for your
15 running kernel" message.
16
17 I recently updated to vmware-workstation-4.5.2.8848-r9, kernel
18 2.6.14-hardened-r1, GCC 3.4, and udev+hotplug+coldplug so I'm not sure
19 what triggered this. Any ideas?
20
21 - Grant
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list