From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware workstation daemon problem
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:21:16
1 On 12/11/05, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello, the vmware workstation daemon has always seemed a bit touchy,
3 > but it's being persistent this time. When I run:
4 >
5 > /opt/vmware/workstation/bin/vmware-config.pl
6 >
7 > the daemon is started properly and I can fully use the application.
8 > But when Gentoo tries to start the daemon, 2 of the processes always
9 > fail and vmware-config.pl must be run again for it to start properly.
10 > Even trying to run 'rc' right after a successful completion of
11 > vmware-config.pl fails.
12
13 When I was using workstation 4.5, I found the best results if you run
14 /etc/vmware/init.d/vmware stop after vmware-config.pl:
15
16 vmware-config.pl -default
17 /etc/vmware/init.d/vmware stop
18 /etc/init.d/vmware start