From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Emerge --sync fails on excluded stuff
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:29:07
1 On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 21:49:08 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > As near as I can tell, portage processes every file in the repos.conf
4 > directory. It looks like I could simplify things by combining
5 > everything into one file, and eliminating the separate files. Is that
6 > correct? E.g. create file /etc/portage/repos.conf/repos.conf
7
8 From the portage man page:
9
10 "Files in this directory including make.conf, repos.conf, and any file
11 with a name that begins with "package." can be more than just a flat file"
12
13 So yes, you can. Personally, I prefer separate files for each
14 configuration set, but you can use monolithic files if you consider
15 that simpler.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 "There are some ideas so idiotic that only an intellectual could believe
22 them" George Orwell