From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Emerge --sync fails on excluded stuff
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 01:49:46
1 On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:30:32PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
2
3 > I have this in gentoo.conf:
4 >
5 > [DEFAULT]
6 > main-repo = gentoo
7 >
8 > [gentoo]
9 > priority = 20
10 > location = /var/portage
11 > sync-type = rsync
12 > sync-uri = rsync://my.local.mirror/portage
13 > auto-sync = yes
14 > sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no
15 >
16 > I can't recall where this file came from but it doesn't appear to have
17 > been installed by an ebuild.
18
19 After some more Google searching...
20 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf
21 (YES! There is a double-slash after "wiki")
22
23 > The example below shows the default set up of the main Gentoo
24 > repository. However, there is no need for having this file unless
25 > its content deviates from the file found at
26 > /usr/share/portage/config/repos.conf.
27
28 As near as I can tell, portage processes every file in the repos.conf
29 directory. It looks like I could simplify things by combining everything
30 into one file, and eliminating the separate files. Is that correct? E.g.
31 create file /etc/portage/repos.conf/repos.conf
34 [DEFAULT]
35 main-repo = gentoo
36
37 [gentoo]
38 priority = 20
39 location = /var/portage
40 sync-type = rsync
41 sync-uri = rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
42 auto-sync = yes
43 sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no
44
45 [localrepo]
46 location = /usr/local/portage
47 masters = gentoo
48 auto-sync = no
49 sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no
50
51 [palemoon]
52 priority = 50
53 location = /var/lib/layman/palemoon
54 layman-type = git
55 auto-sync = no
56 sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no
60 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
61 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications