From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Emerge --sync fails on excluded stuff
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 21:30:44
1 On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:14:17 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > Most files in /etc/portage can be directories, although some utilities
4 > > get confused if make.conf is, portage just considers the contents as a
5 > > single file.
6 >
7 > There are 2 files in my /etc/portage/repos.conf/ Namely localrepo.conf
8 > and layman.conf. Now what? Sorry, I'm not trolling. It's painful
9 > when you RTFM, and TFM is out to lunch.
10
11 I have this in gentoo.conf:
12
13 [DEFAULT]
14 main-repo = gentoo
15
16 [gentoo]
17 priority = 20
18 location = /var/portage
19 sync-type = rsync
20 sync-uri = rsync://my.local.mirror/portage
21 auto-sync = yes
22 sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no
23
24 I can't recall where this file came from but it doesn't appear to have
25 been installed by an ebuild.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 It is easier to fix Unix than to live with NT.