From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Emerge --sync fails on excluded stuff
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:27:05
1 On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 22:30:32 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > I have this in gentoo.conf:
4 >
5 > [DEFAULT]
6 > main-repo = gentoo
7 >
8 > [gentoo]
9 > priority = 20
10 > location = /var/portage
11 > sync-type = rsync
12 > sync-uri = rsync://my.local.mirror/portage
13 > auto-sync = yes
14 > sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest = no
15 >
16 > I can't recall where this file came from but it doesn't appear to have
17 > been installed by an ebuild.
18
19 It's in the Gentoo handbook. When you install Gentoo you're supposed to create
20 the file with the content they give; I really don't know why it's done that
21 way, rather than including the file in the stage files.
24 Regards,
25 Peter.