From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [POLL] portage-2.1 USE flag ordering
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:48:21
1 060125 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:47:29 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >>>> I have the above URL showing the Forum topic on Konqueror 3.5
4 >>>> & there is no choice to click nor submit button: yes, I logged in.
5 >>> Strange. Well, you should be able to find it
6 >>> near the top of the "Portage & Programming" forum.
7 >> Well, that gets the same topic & still no buttons to click.
8 >> However, it does work with Firefox, so perhaps it's a javascript issue.
9 > Are you really logging in? I found I was unable to log in with Konqueror.
10 > It accepted my login/password with no errors, but showed me as guest.
11 > The solution was to delete all cookies for forums.gentoo.org.
12 > Then I could log in properly and vote.
13
14 Yes, that was probably what I was experiencing: I voted with Firefox.
15 Generally, Firefox is more practical for typical Internet activities,
16 but it slowly eats memory & tends to abuse CPU with flash installed;
17 if I uninstall flash, I may not be able to see things I want,
18 eg astronomy animations, so my compromise is to use Konqueror (smile).
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list