From: "Claudio Roberto França Pereira" <spideybr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slim keyboard layout
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:34:03
1 On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 14:54, James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 16 February 2012 09:10, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Dear All,
4 >>
5 >> I have been googling for a while to find the answer for the question
6 >> how on earth I'm able to set up the default keyboard layout of slim,
7 >> but I haven't find any answer for this.
8 >> A few articles say that if the keyboard layout is set up in xorg.conf
9 >> than it will be okay. It doesn't work. I haven't find any option to
10 >> set up in /etc/slim.conf file and I also haven't find any information
11 >> about it in the gentoo documents.
12 >>
13 >> So, I would like to know that somebody does know the answer for this question?
14 >>
15 >> Thanks in advance!
16 >>
17 >> András
18 >
19 > I really doubt that slim has any keyboard-layout functionality - it
20 > should be defined by xorg.conf. It's possible that you have a complex
21 > DE (gnome/kde), which overrides the X settings when it loads, as I
22 > assume that your problem is only in slim, and not also in your DE.
23 >
24 > A look at your Xorg.0.log, and some more explanation of your situation
25 > would be helpful :)
28 The default and recommended "no xorg.conf" setup doesn't play nice
29 with keyboard layouts. You need to set one on your xorg.conf or
30 another X.org init script.
31
32 I love the idea that Xorg now just works (TM) without any
33 configuration file, but it could generate something based on what it
34 detected on the first time, or something.
37 Claudio Roberto França Pereira